Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fairy Tale

Once upon a time there lived a hunter by the name of Fudd. He was the father of three and every day he would go out into the woods and shoot an animal to bring back for dinner. One day Fudd was hunting in a nearby forest and he fell asleep. When he awoke, standing in front of him was the biggest deer he had ever seen. Fudd picked up his rifle and pointed it at the deer. The deer looked up and said “please Fudd do not shoot me for if I was in your shoes I would not shoot you”. Fudd laughed and replied I’m a hunter and I’m better than you, therefore I will shoot you and eat you up”.  He then pulled the trigger but nothing happened, the deer laughed and said “I am clever and you will never get me” and ran off into the woods. The next day the hunter decided this time he was going to bring extra bullets and put in his pocket so if the deer unloaded his gun he would have more ammunition. He went back to the exact same place where he saw the deer last and once again fell asleep. When he woke up the giant deer was standing there grazing in the meadow right in from of him. He pulled out his gun and aimed it at the deer. The deer said “please Fudd do not shoot me for if I was in your shoes I would not shoot you”. Fudd laughed and replied I’m a hunter and I’m better than you, therefore I will shoot you and eat you up”. He then pulled the trigger and nothing happened so he reached into his pocket to grab the extra bullets. When he reached in the bullets were gone and he had grabbed a mousetrap and it snapped his fingers off. The deer laughed and said “I am clever and you will never get me” and ran off into the woods. The following day Fudd decided that he would go to the exact same spot but this time he promised himself not to fall asleep. After waiting for three hours the deer walked up and Fudd aimed his rifle at the deer. The deer said “please Fudd do not shoot me for if I was in your shoes I would not shoot you”. Fudd laughed and replied I’m a hunter and I’m better than you, therefore I will shoot you and eat you up”. He pulled the trigger and this time the gun did fire and hit the deer but then it ricocheted back and hit Fudd in the chest. The deer laughed and said “I am a clever deer and you will never get me, I am also immortal and my hide is indestructible and now you are dead. Since you treated me with no respect and insisted on shooting and eating me I shall do the same and go and eat your family as well”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment